Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Today I´m Indiana Jones

We have arrived in Valencia.What a gorgeous city! A lot of the cities here remind me of Miami. The only difference is that a lot more time,effort and thought went into the architecture. The time qualifications for the Americas Cup sail boat racing is going on along the coast here as I speak. I overheard that the Holy Grail is somewhere in town and one of my favorite movies is "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade".I feel like I have to find where it´s location is to experience what Indiana Jones was going through looking for such a treasure. It´s not going to be easy, I now know why Indiana Jones never traveled on his excursions with females every store we see they have to go in. Sarah seems excited about the Holy Grail so maybe today I might actually see something besides what the local La Cantera looks like.

I also am having a great deal of anxiety trying to get anyone to want to give me a decent rate to exchange dollars to euros. Yesterday in Barcelona,a middle easterner who spoke perfect English was in line in front of me and he was telling me that the value of the dollar is really falling here. I think I´m ready to just break down and see what I can get.

Almost everyone in Barcelona was very disapointed yesterday. Thier soccer team lost the world championship to Madrid the night before. Fireworks were going off all throught the game because Barcelona was up most of the game and at the end the Madrid fans decided to put on a show too. Gary, our tour guide, is from Madrid and I could tell that he wanted to run the streets of Barcelona with his teams flag but he didnt for fear of not making it back safely to meet us for dinner.

My time is running out at the cafe and my stomach is starting to rumble. I saw a cuban restaraunt and wanted to try it but didn´t because I didn´t want to seperate from the group. Soon you will hear how my expedition for the holy grail turned out.

No comments: